Successful project management is very often underestimated. Why do many projects fail, even though highly qualified experts are working on them? The activities of the chapter in the area of Professional Development, such as Professional Development Workshops, primarily serve the further development as well as the dissemination of international and standardized methods of project management in the project economy of Germany.
Professional Development Events
Are you looking for effective training opportunities?
In our >> Sponsor Calendar << you will find numerous seminar and training dates from our sponsors - there is sure something for you!
The PMI Germany Chapter itself also offers a range of workshops and seminars that are ideal for collecting PDUs and continuing your personal development. You can find all dates in our >> event calendar << .
Develop your personal power skills within our programs!
Of course, you can also develop your personal skills with us in the chapter through our programs. The PMI Germany Chapter itself also offers a range of events that are suitable for further developing your power skills. You can find all dates in our >> event calendar << . Now to the programs themselves.
Female Empowerment Program (FEMP)
The Female Empowerment Program (FEMP) is built on two basic pillars:
- The participants are divided into small groups in which they exchange ideas and support each other.
- Cross-group workshops are organized to discuss general topics that are relevant to everyone.
The content of the workshops is freely chosen by the participants so that it accurately reflects their interests. So far, there have been events on topics such as "Imposter syndrome", "Conflict management", "LinkedIn as a career resource", "Challenges for women in PM", "Using collaborative strength effectively", etc.
- Are you at the beginning of your career in project management and would like help with your further development? Then you've come to the right place as a mentee.
- Are you an experienced project manager who would like to pass on your experience to the next generation? Then you are very welcome to join us as a mentor. Are you interested but have never been a mentor before? No problem, we'll be happy to help you get started.
The mentoring program allows you to meet great new people and develop professionally and personally in a very short time, both as a mentee and as a mentor.
The mentoring program of the PMI Germany Chapter will enter the next round in Q1/2024, the details regarding requirements and application will be announced here and on other platforms in the coming weeks.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Your Mentoring Team
Youth Empowerment Program (YEP)
The Youth Empowerment (YEP) program is an activity to promote young talents in project management, which was launched as part of the diversity initiative of the PMI Germany Chapter e.V. in 2023.
The program is aimed at all young talents who are interested in project management, whether you want to start your PM career or need support along the way.
What does the program offer?
- The aim of the program is to promote and support young talents in their development in project management, to tackle and drive change and to climb the career ladder.
- One goal of the program is to connect participants with each other, to promote the exchange of knowledge and experience and to support them in climbing the career ladder and in continuous learning and improvement.
- In addition, you will have the opportunity to get to know PMI and the PMI Germany Chapter e.V., the various initiatives, certifications and exciting volunteer activities.
How is the YEP program organized??
The program takes place online and consists of joint virtual meetings and workshops, self-reflection and exchange in small groups. The program will continue over several months to promote reflection, exchange and best practices on the topics discussed.
Whether you are a graduate or a young professional, we look forward to getting to know you!
You have completed your PMP/CAPM certification preparation course and are sitting in a quiet room studying for your exam and have soooo many questions? We - the PMI Germany Chapter - have the answers. According to our claim to provide a forum and platform for project management enthusiasts, we offer a weekly video conference on one topic of the PMBOK Guide, in which your questions will be answered by an experienced moderator.
What does it cost you? Except for your time and the membership in the PMI Germany Chapter e.V. NOTHING.
Contact for inquiries: Mail to Study Group Team
First Study Group meeting was in March, further are coming? Check out at our event calendar. Besides, there are Study Brunch Events on Saturdays at 11 am. Check it out in the event calendar, when exactly.
We reorganize our Study Group. You will get to know here, when we will start again.
Offer for students and universities
PMI awards project management certifications and offers courses for interested parties, both with and without professional experience. In Germany, there are also already separate bachelor's and master's degree programs for project management in the university sector. Project management lectures and project-based teaching are often integrated into subject-specific degree programs.
Many universities offer general project management courses as part of their degree programs and promote qualifications in project management for teachers. PMI also has accreditation programs for corresponding offers.
The PMI Germany Chapter supports:
- in finding courses of study in project management
- in the development of curricula
- in the recognition of study programs by PMI
- in member discounts for students
- helping to shape career paths through certification, consulting, access to job boards
- in networking in the field of project management throughout Germany and beyond
In addition to the international PMI Academic Outreach Program, the PMI Germany Chapter has its own initiative to promote cooperation with universities. It has set itself the task of maintaining contacts with universities in order to bring about the most fruitful cooperation possible in research and teaching. As a vision we see an interdisciplinary further development of project management as a subject with an increasing establishment of PM curriculae and certifications. Current activities are aimed at networking with universities, expanding cooperation and supporting joint initiatives and events.