As a mentor/mentee, some of the possible benefits of taking part in the program you can expect include:
- Opportunities to collaborate with other Chapter members.
- Realizing your goals and helping other to achieve theirs
- Structured exchange of knowledge, both practically and theoretically
- Earning Professional Development Units (PDUs).
To participate in the program, all that was required was to register by completing the survey linked in the invitation – and, to meet the following criteria as a mentee/mentor:
- Less than 1 year of membership in the PMI Germany Chapter.
- Less than 1 year membership in PMI
- No certification, CAPM or micro-credential.
- At least 3 years of membership in PMI
- At least one certification as a Project Management Professional or equivalent
The goal of the program – organized and managed by Volunteers from the PMI Germany Chapter e.V. – is to match pairs of Mentee and Mentor in order to give both the opportunity to learn from each other and to develop specific skills in the profession as Project Manager.
The program should be Mentee interest driven.
The process methodology includes:
- Profiling of each candidate
- Matching of the pairs
- Kick Off Meeting from the Pairs with the Mentoring team
- Setting Goals for the Mentoring process in each Pair: Goals that include assistance with any type of certification are not allowed in the mentoring program.
- Periodically planned meetings (frequency defined by the participants), As we want this program to be Mentee driven, The Mentee should be the one who proposed the Topics and the intensity of the work, The Mentor check her/his possibilities and agree on a manageable setting.
- Reporting the worked hours (in order to validate the submittal of PDUs)
- Follow Up Meetings with the Mentoring Team and other Pairs to check the best practices
- After 6 months Mentoring process will be closed to initiate a new batch
- Feed Back from the Participants
- Wrap Up of the results
- Program cycle Closure
It is progressive that the team is already using AI to simplify the otherwise very complex matching process using an self-developed Excel program.
And social responsibility is also demonstrated in the process: Eight chapter members of the PMI Ukraine Chapter - like all Ukrainians affected by the war - were invited to the program as mentees, also like three employees of the non-profit Social-Bee gGmbH – all chapter members.
If you have questions about this great member benefit and would like to connect with the mentoring program team, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The mentoring program team: Daniel Hernando Aguirre Castaneda, Mireille Blum and Michael Großjean
By the way, for the further expansion – more iterations are planned for this year – further support is still needed. Who would like to participate:
>>> Link to the application (German only)